Monday, July 15, 2013

Much Ado About Something

Salve, tutti!
Hello, everyone!

It is yet again time for another summer update on my lists and progress! It's not quite as impressive this past month as the previous one was, but hey, progress is progress no matter how you slice it, and that is all that matters to me (especially about how my second book is coming along).

So, here's the line up. I also have a spot of explaining to do (I'll get to the asterisks toward the bottom):


My reading list:

Inheritance (of the Inheritance Cycle by Paolini) (5/11)
The Girl who Played with Fire (5/20)
Man's Search for Meaning (5/25)
The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (5/31)
City of Bones (6/7)
City of Ashes (6/14)
City of Glass (6/23)
City of Fallen Angels*
City of Lost Souls*
Clockwork Angel (7/15)
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers
The Return of the King
Clockwork Prince
Clockwork Princess

My movie/show-watching list:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (4/28-5/08)
Wreck-it-Ralph (5/07)
Cats Don't Dance (re-watch) (5/14)
Dinosaurs: We're Back! (5/14)
Road to El Dorado (re-watch) (5/20)
The Fountain (5/22)
Saving Private Ryan (5/24)
Swan Princess (5/31)
Swan Princess: Escape from Castle Mountain (5/31)
Swan Princess: The Mystery of the Enchanted Treasure
 (for old time's sake; I was obsessed with these movies as a child!) (6/1)
The Road (6/8)
500 Days of Summer (6/9)
The Possession (6/13)
Matrix Trilogy (re-watch) (6/15)
Avengers (rewatch) (7/2)
Phantom of the Opera (rewatch) (7/3)
Thor (7/3)
Bachelorette (7/4)
Mean Girls (rewatch) (7/4)
Tarzan (rewatch) (7/5)
Despicable Me (7/5)
Déjà vu (7/7)
The Island (7/10)
Hell's Kitchen [season 10] (7/7 - 7/16)
Legion
American Psycho
(new) Tron


Games:

Bioshock (6/3 – 3:55 PM to 11:58 PM = 8 hour completion)
Halo: Reach (6/4 – 9 hrs: 16 mins: 48 seconds on one day)
Bioshock 2*
Bioshock Infinite
Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo 3 ODST



Serious:

Revise the living daylights out of first book in trilogy (5/21)
Outline second book (6/28)
Write second book (7/1 -    ) [I’m fifteen thousand words in, with lots of story left to tell!]


Ah, so here it all is. I've watched more movies in the last month than done much reading (due to being busy, of course) but hopefully in the coming few weeks I have left I'll get done all the books I want to.

As for the asterisks - they mean this:
I am removing them from the list. The two books I'm cutting are because I have talked with some people I trust who say the now-series would have been much better if the author had stopped at the end of the third one, which I have finished. So, my interest was lost upon reading the blurbs about the next two books and thus I am chopping them from my list. Nothing personal.

I'm also cutting Bioshock 2 from the list because I have started it, with a couple other people, and it's just not holding my attention. I thought it would be cool to be a big daddy (as I loved that little nugget in the first one) but for some reason it just seems to be an illogical continuation of the first Bioshock. They brought in a new villain and a new protagonist, if I'm not mistaken, and left the environment as Rapture. Overall, nice idea, but it isn't doing it for me. Bioshock Infinite, however...that one I'll definitely need to finish. (:

So! This is my progress. Not quite so impressive. I just have two more updates on this list left (one more on August 15th and the last one probably around August 24th - I leave for college on the 25th which means summer will be officially over!). 

Fun fun fun!

Talk to you later!
Arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment