Monday, August 5, 2013

Song Questions

On the road trip to Norwalk, OH for the Pontiac Nationals this past weekend, I decided to put my entire iPod on shuffle (which is only 1,345 songs) and not skip any. The main rule of the game was to write down any questions the songs asked and answer them. I came up with this as I stared out the truck window at all the green mountains of Pennsylvania and figured I would give it a shot. Thus, below is the result of this little game.


“How do you feel about the ocean? How do you feel about the deep blue sea?” (Holiday by Future of Forestry)
It's pretty.

“Hey brother, do you remember when we used to play out doors till the light was absorbed by the night?” (Younglife by Anberlin)
First of all, I'm a female. Second, I do remember that. Kickball in the cul-de-sac till dark. 

“Hey lover, do you remember when we would dance in your apartment till neighbors would knock on your door?” (Younglife by Anberlin)
No, I don't remember that, actually.

“Do you remember when we had no money to speak of, nowhere else to eat but your floor?” (Younglife by Anberlin)
Yes, and we only ate on the floor because there were lots of people and not enough chairs. 

“Don't want to reach for me, do you?” (The Little Things Give You Away by Linkin Park)
Depends - who are you to me?

“Tell me Maria, why I see her dancing there - why her smoldering eyes still scorch my soul?” (Hellfire - Hunchback of Notre Dame)
I dunno, Frollo, I think you just really like her body and it’s driving you insane. Also, my name isn't Maria. 

“Am I supposed to be happy when all I ever wanted - it comes with a price?” (Cat and Mouse by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus)
Anything worth having never comes easy, or free. 

“Are we the same people as before this came to light?” (Cat and Mouse by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus)
Perhaps, perhaps not. People do have the capacity to change.

“Can you hear the echoes fading?” (In The Mourning by Paramore)
Always. 

“How much pain has quaked your soul? How much love would make you whole?” (I Belong to You by Muse)
Those are some fairly personal questions, Mr. Bellamy. 
My soul is still pretty intact. As far as love, I'm already more than whole. 

“Will you help me find the right way out, or let me take the wrong way down? Will you straighten me out or make me take the long way around?” (The High Road by Three Days Grace)
I’ll try to lead you in the right direction and tell you when you're doing something you shouldn't be, but I promise I won't always be right. 

“Are you listening? Are you watching me? We have an emergency, so are you listening?” (Emergency by Paramore)
Yes; I wish; very intently. 

“Is this really happening?” (If It Means A Lot to You by A Day To Remember)
Yes. Yes it is.


2 comments:

  1. Interesting game. Wonder if you had 5 or so people answer the same questions how similar or distant they would be with each others ?

    ReplyDelete