Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Thoughts of My Waking Dreams


Why is it so oddly satisfying to harmonize with humming household electronics? (Vacuums, pop corn makers, etc.)

If I was bald, I'd probably wear hats almost constantly.

When I was younger, I used to think ingesting blood would put it back into my bloodstream.

No matter up much I practice, I have realized I will never be proficient at speaking to unknown persons on the telephone (i.e. any sort of office, take-out food orders).

I think sneezing while driving is one of the most frightening experiences ever. Especially while on the highway.

Sometimes, if I laugh hard enough and I am simultaneously trying to keep quiet, I will start to squeak.

If you ever ask me the question "if you could pick a superpower, what would it be?" these are the top three answers I will give you: invisibility at will; selective telepathy; and the ability to see everything about myself through a stranger's eyes (looks, personality, behaviors, mannerisms, things I write, stuff I draw, speech patterns, etc.)

I get all my best writing ideas just as I'm falling asleep. If I don't write them down somewhere, they are 90% of the time lost forever. It's difficult to remember things thought of between sleep and wake unless I've left myself a reminder to find later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment